Volunteer with Us
We are always looking for new volunteers to join our team. There are various opportunities to suit everyone, including: Retail Assistant, Backroom Assistant, Handyman, or Cleaner. You can volunteer at any age from 14 upwards and from as little as 2 hours per week.
It’s a two-way thing, so you get as much out of volunteering as we do.
- You can meet new people, make friends and new contacts.
- Increase your confidence and self esteem.
- Get a reference for work or college and put something different on your CV.
- Do something worthwhile for your community.
- Work towards an award such as Saltire or Duke of Edinburgh.
- Most importantly, have fun.
Current Volunteering Opportunities
- Volunteer Stock Controller
- Volunteer Stock Coordinator
- Volunteer Retail Assistant
- Volunteer Ironer
- Volunteer Cleaner
To get involved complete our volunteer application form.
“I enjoy volunteering here especially working in the shop. I have gained a lot of experience and have met new people and made new friends. I feel I am valued as a member of the team. Get involved, you will enjoy it”– Hana
Train with Us
We provide a wide range of training and work experience options through our partners at Jobcentre Plus, Lifeskills and Skills Development Scotland, West Lothian College and West Lothian schools. By completing work experience in Kidzeco we will help you gain new skills which will help you move forward into further training or employment.
When you train with us you will gain:
- Skills and knowledge in preparing donated goods for reuse and recycling
- Practical, hands on, experience of working in a shop environment
- Cash handling and selling skills
- Visual Merchandising and Customer Service training and experience
- Experience of warehousing and stock control/rotation
- Communication skills and interaction with customers, members of the team and other organisation
Work for Us
Since 2011 we have supported over 50 young unemployed people through employment initiatives in a range of positions including Retail Assistant, Admin Assistant, Play Assistant and Web & Social Media Assistant.
We currently employ 7 full time permanent members of staff over our two branches of Kidzeco and Kidz n Kin and support a further 3 part-time employees annually. Any future vacancies will be advertised below as well as our Facebook page, so please keep checking if you’d like to join our ever-expanding team.
- Sorry. There are no current vacancies.