Name: Lauren Walker
Job Title: Oral Health Coordinator
1. What name/nickname do you prefer to be called? – Lauren or Lauz but only my family really call me that!
2. If you could write your own job title that best describes what you do at Kidzeco, what would it be? – “Funny Teeth Brusher” – helps little ones learn about brushing their teeth through lots of fun play and songs!
3. What do you enjoy about the work you do? – Getting to engage with children and make relationships with the families. Also get to do a lot of fun stuff like playing, make believe and just generally being a big kid!
4. What are your hobbies? – I skate for a local roller derby team called Newtown Roller Derby (NTRD) which is really fun and great exercise! I like to make pottery and do lots of arts and crafts and love walking my two dogs, Belle and Blue.
5. What was your favourite toy as a kid? – My teddy bear called Pinky (he was pink in colour), I used to carry him about everywhere!
6. What is the nerdiest thing you do in your spare time? – I’m a total Doctor Who nerd and its my go to tv programme when I want to chill. I also love historical tv dramas such as Downton Abbey, The Tudor’s, The Crown or anything historical/period dramas as I’m a total history geek too! I also love everything eco-friendly and try to live a zero-waste life as much as possible.
7. What’s the strangest talent you have? – I can pop my thumbs out of the joints as I’m double jointed!
8. If you could have any one superpower, which would you choose? – Teleportation as it would make getting to work and going on holiday a lot easier!
9. Who is someone you really admire?- David Attenborough as his efforts to help save animals and our planet have been his whole life and are why I’m so passionate about climate change and helping save the earth.
10. Where is your favourite place on Earth – There’s a few, Versailles in Paris (especially the palace of Versailles), Loch Morlich in Aviemore, The Isle of Arran, Blackness Castle and anywhere up north in the great outdoors of Scotland!
Name: John David Quenzer
Job Title: E-Commerce Officer
1. What name/nickname do you prefer to be called? Outside of work, most people call me ‘JD.’
2. If you could write your own job title that best describes what you do at Kidzeco, what would it be? Grumpy IT bloke who shouts at printers.
3. What do you enjoy about the work you do? I enjoy supporting an organisation that has helped many, many families and children across West Lothian.
4. What are your hobbies? My hobbies include inline skating, cooking, photography, genealogical research, and music (both creating and listening to). I’m also a radio presenter in a voluntary capacity. Too many pursuits to mention in one breath! 5. What was your favourite toy as a kid? A stick. A plain old stick. Any stick. A stick can be anything from a sword to a space rocket.
6. What is the nerdiest thing you do in your spare time? Astronomy and Astrophysics – which I have practiced in a professional capacity in the past. And board games. I’ve not quite hit Dungeons & Dragons territory, but I love an afternoon playing Settlers of Catan.
7. What’s the strangest talent you have? Not really a talent, but I can stare without blinking for an unnervingly long period of time.
8. If you could have any one superpower, which would you choose? Time travel (as there are so many interesting people in the past we know very little about on a personal level) or the ability to speak any language (both human and non-human).
9. Who is someone you really admire? Physicist Richard Feynman, science communicator Carl Sagan, or composer Johann Sebastian Bach. Though the list could populate many sides of A4.
10. Where is your favourite place on Earth (besides Kidzeco, of course)!? Southern Germany – Baden-Württemberg and Bayern.
More information and fun facts about our happy Kidzeco team COMING SOON.